Week of Pool Sessions

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Well it's way too cold to be paddling anything up here in the Great White North. So what do we do when we can't get on the water? Go to as many pool sessions as we can!
I live in a small town of 900. The closest bigger town from me is 20 minutes away and has a population of about 13,000. The good news is that because we are so close to some of the best whitewater in the world, we have a lot of keen paddlers around.

I started organizing pool sessions on Tuesday nights.
The Petawawa River Rats run sessions on Wednesday nights.
Liquid Skills runs sessions/lessons on Thursday nights.

Since the pool session in Philly I've been excited to keep practicing my double-pump, and am now getting it about 50% of the time. I've also been working on a lot more 'no-paddle' moves, and my handroll. I brought some of Stephen's boats to the sessions and managed to get a couple of people loving the 2007 Fun series.

0 comments: